The Hopkinsville Surface and Stormwater Utility received the Kentucky League of Cities Enterprise City Award for the construction of the Woodmont Basin System.
The Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority (Centennial, Colo.) received four awards from the Colorado Chapter of the American Public Works Association for Public Works Administration, Building Code Administration/Permitting/Enforcement, Sustainable Design/Construction Management, and Water/Wastewater Design/Maintenance/Operations.
The Village of Montgomery received the Stormwater Management of the Year Award from the Illinois Association for Floodplain and Stormwater Management.
Related: April Worth Noting
The following received Clean Water New Jersey Awards for stormwater at the New Jersey League of Municipalities Conference:
• Stafford Township, Post-Construction in New Development and Redevelopment
• Clinton Town – Local Public Education
Related: Worth Noting - May 2011
• Chatham Borough – Maintenance Yard/Public Works Operations
• Hamilton Township – Illicit Connection and Outfall Pipe Mapping Program
• Burlington County – Illicit Connection and Outfall Pipe Mapping Program
Related: Worth Noting - June 2011
• Morris County – Maintenance Yard/Public Works Operations
• Rutgers University – Local Public Education
American Public Works Association
The APWA has these courses:
• May 9 – Stormwater Manager Certification Study Guide Part 1, Audio/Web
• May 16 – Stormwater Manager Certification Study Guide Part 2, Audio/Web
Subscribe: Sign up for the MSW E-Newsletter!
• May 23 – Stormwater Manager Certification Study Guide Part 3, Audio/Web
• June 12 – Low Cost Safety Improvements, Audio/Web
American Society of Civil Engineers
The ASCE has these courses:
• May 10-11 – Pumping Systems Design for Civil Engineers, Denver, Colo.
• May 10-11 – Structural Condition Assessment of Existing Structures, Madison, Wis.
• July 26 – Northwood Collection System Seminar, Marshfield, Wis.
• July 26 – Regional Utility Management Training, Plover, Wis.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has these courses:
• June 6 – Customer Service, Richfield
• June 7 – Collection Systems, Watertown
The University of Wisconsin Department of Engineering-Professional Development has these courses:
• May 2-4 – Using HEC-RAS to Model Bridges, Culverts and Floodplains, Madison
• May 7-9 – Using HEC-HMS to Model Watersheds, Madison
Calendar of Events
April 29-May 2
American Public Works Association 2012 North American Snow Conference, Frontier Airlines Center, Milwaukee, Wis. Visit www.apwa.net.
Vermont Rural Water Association Annual Conference, Fairlee, Vt. Visit www.vtruralwater.org.
Georgia Association of Water Professionals Stormwater and Watershed Specialty Conference, College Park, Ga. View www.gawponline.org.
North Carolina Rural Water Association Annual Conference, Greensboro, N.C. Visit www.ncrwa.com.
Georgia Rural Water Association Annual Conference, Jeykell Island, Ga. Visit www.grwa.org.
Ohio Rural Water Association Annual Conference, Huron, Ohio. Visit www.ohioruralwater.org.
New York Rural Water Association Annual Conference, Verona, N.Y. Visit www.nyruralwater.org.
Water Environment Federation Collection Systems 2012: Show Me The Green – Confluence of Planning, Implementation and Regulations, St. Louis Convention Center, St. Louis, Mo. Call 703/684-2441 or visit www.wef.org.
ACE12: American Water Works Association Annual Conference and Exposition, Dallas, Texas. Visit www.awwa.org.
American Public Works Association Sustainability in Public Works Conference, Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh. Visit www.apwa.net.
Water Environment Federation Stormwater Symposium 2012, Sheraton Baltimore City Center, Baltimore, Md. Visit www.wef.org.