Philip Guerin of the Worcester (Mass.) Department of Public Works and Parks was honored by the White House as a Champion of Change: Innovator in Infrastructure.
The American Public Works Association announced that the City of Ankeny (Iowa) Department of Public Works and the City of Overland Park (Kan.) Public Works Department each received the 2012 Excellence in Snow and Ice Control Award.
MSW welcomes your contribution to this listing. Please send notices of new hires, promotions, service milestones, certifications or achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related: Worth Noting - June 2011
American Public Works Association
The APWA has a Low Cost Safety Improvements audio/Web seminar on June 12. Visit www.apwa.net.
Related: Worth Noting - October 2011
American Society of Civil Engineers
The ASCE has these courses:
• June 14 – Integrating Stormwater Reuse into Low Impact Development, Webinar
• June 14-15 – Financial Management for the Professional Engineer, Cincinnati, Ohio
Related: July Worth Noting
• June 19 – Engineered Rain Gardens and Bioretention Facilities for Sustainable Stormwater Management, Webinar
• July 5 – Sustainable Stormwater Hydrology: Concepts to Reduce Hydrologic Footprint, Webinar
• July 19 – Engineered Rainwater Collection and Case Studies for Sustainable Water Management, Webinar
• Aug. 1 – Stormwater BMPs: What Works, What Doesn’t and What About Maintenance, Webinar
• Aug. 14 – Cold-Weather Stormwater BMPs That Work, Webinar
Subscribe: Sign up for the MSW E-Newsletter!
American Water Works Association
The AWWA has a Customer Service Certificate Program Seminar Aug. 22-24 in Bloomington, Minn. Visit www.awwa.org.
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has these courses:
• June 6 – Customer Service, Richfield
• June 7 – Collection Systems, Watertown
• July 26 – Northwood Collection System Seminar, Marshfield
• July 27 – Regional Utility Management Training, Plover
Water Environment Federation Collection Systems 2012: Show Me The Green – Confluence of Planning, Implementation and Regulations, St. Louis Convention Center, St. Louis, Mo. Call 703/684-2441 or visit www.wef.org.
ACE12: American Water Works Association Annual Conference and Exposition, Dallas, Texas. Visit www.awwa.org.
Florida Stormwater Association Annual Conference, Sanibel Harbour Marriott, Ft. Myers, Fla. Call 888/221-3124 or visit www.florida-stormwater.org.
American Public Works Association Sustainability in Public Works Conference, Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, Pa. Visit www.apwa.net.
Water Environment Federation Stormwater Symposium 2012, Sheraton Baltimore City Center, Baltimore, Md. Visit www.wef.org.
July 29-Aug. 1
American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Conference, Dallas, Texas. Visit www.asabe.org.
National Association of Flood and Stormwater Management Agencies Annual Conference, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Call 202/289-8625 or visit www.nafsma.org.
StormCon: North American Surface Water Quality Conference and Exposition, Sheraton Downtown Hotel, Denver, Colo. Visit www.stormcon.com.